View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #345
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1941 View Post
Blowing the trail dust off this thread...
Larry, did you have driveline problems/vibes when you went to shackle flip?
Have to drop t-case etc?
I just got the all legos from ORD for my 90 Sub..
I've read it can be right on the money and out when loaded with as little as a fun tank...
Im only running 33s on a 9.5 but rest of suspension is pretty much what you did.
Thanks in advance!
You been spying on me on Instagram? Ya, mine has had driveline vibrations forever but it wasn’t due to the shackle flip. My angles turned out pretty close to perfect after the flip but I’ve had issues where my rear shaft likes to wipe out seals and slip yoke bushings. I never put a gauge on it, but I’m pretty sure the outputs shaft was bent as I’ve seen that before on other 241s. In fact, I’m in process now of having a fresh driveshaft made as I did an ORD slip yoke eliminator on it last week. I should get the shaft back sometime later this week. And, no….. I am not doing a CV on the rear driveshaft like so many others are doing these days. I know adding CVs to the rear shaft is getting popular these days, and it makes perfect sense in something short like a Jeep or maybe even a Blazer, but I have reservations about adding a high maintenance item like a CV to a rear shaft of a heavy rig when a front CV needs attention ever few years when they don’t even get used all that often. Pretty sure there is a reason CVs were never installed on a rear shaft from the factory

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote