View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #45
flashed

Re: Buying a old car/truck

Let me tell you guys about an interesting Facebook conversation I had this week with someone I did not know . I have my 72 1 ton truck for sale on a Facebook page with the seat I took out of my 72 shortbed frame off restored truck .I put BuddyBuckets in my restored truck and kept the other seat that I put in the 1 ton . A guy contacts me on Facebook and says ,hey ,that was my seat out of a truck I had in high school and college . I said ,well it could be , I bought the truck in North Carolina through a friend of mine . He then told me his Dads name and sure enough it was his truck . His Dad would not sell the truck to any locals as he did not want to see it around because he loved that truck and it hurt him to have to sell it . He almost did not sell it to me until I promised him I would keep him in the loop during the rebuild and that I would make him proud of thet old truck again. It took 5 long years in bodyshop jail but as soon as it was done I drove it up there and he was glad I bought it . Once the LS Swap is done I will take it back again and the son will get to drive it again . What are the odds of a previous owner finding his first truck by seeing a picture of a seat in another truck ? And I made a new soon to be friend .