View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #29
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoyz View Post
Congrat's on the Cab Find, Your old Cab was Pretty Bad off. What all do u have Planned for it?

Rick
Much of the project is still up in the air. Still debating front suspension. Have new rear leafs 3-4" lower than stock and CPP shackles that will drop it further. Have a set of drop spindles on their way (shipped today). I've got CPP's upper and lower A-arms that I originally bought for my '64/'66 projects but the lowers are for air bags and I'm not bagging this truck so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing there. There's a bunch of stuff from CPP and Brothers coming soon, too.

Drivetrain is a really good question. I've got a rebuilt LT1 on a stand in the garage and a 700R4 that I want to rebuild (probably a winter project) but I also have an LS1 and T56 from a '99 Z28 with 28K miles on it sitting in the back of my '64. That drivetrain was supposed to be for that truck and I really want an automatic in the '72, but at the same time it seems a shame to just let the LS1 sit there. I dunno about that. Don't want to have to track down a 4L60E and computer to run the stuff, but it'd sure make a nice drivetrain. If I could sell the T56 and get enough for it to buy a race-prepped 4L60E and computer I'd consider it. *shrug* Too much to think about at almost 1 AM....

At any rate, the next step is going to be getting the cab completely off the frame and then sandblasting and painting said frame. Hope to be ready to start blasting by Sunday at the latest, but we'll see how things go. I asked for time off Tues-Fri next week so I should have some real progress made by a week from now.

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote