View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:19 PM   #13
ls1nova71

Re: Vintage Air with LS Swap - non-pcm control strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post

LT1swap.com shows pin 14 as A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor and pin 43 as the AC compressor clutch relay control on the green harness. 43 must incorporate the logic for WOT and high RPM cutoff. I wonder how to enable that output works regardless of whether or not the PCM is actually controlling the AC compressor. How can I force the PCM to always send an AC compressor request as an output but just use it to drive the relay that goes in series with the Vintage Air compressor signal.

Think I can see any of this through a tech II ?
Pin 43 does control the compressor clutch, but it's the PCM that controls pin 43. The PCM knows throttle position percentage and engine RPM and commands the clutch on and off by these and other inputs. I don't think you are going to be able to force the PCM to send the request as a hard wired output, at least not with the PCM you have. You can see some parameters with a TechII, but nothing that is really going to help you in your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
I've got a 12586242. Doing more research and it might just be easiest, if not the least expensive, to do the external switches/relays and just keep the pcm out of it. Of course, if I have idle speed issues when the compressor kicks on, that might change my thinking.
This is probably your best bet if you can find one module that does both throttle position and RPM in one package, I would do that. The DBW throttle body should be more than able to compensate for the additional load placed on the engine by the A/C compressor.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote