View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #277
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxmotox247 View Post
Yep. Wrong choice of words. Trying to maximize wheel lip. This thread has a ton of good info in it for those building a truck with a No-Limit chassis. Just figured I would ask him what rear end width he ordered. I'll start my own build thread for my truck but it'll be pathetic in details compared to this one.
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of attention. The end of January was a nightmare for me at work. Been recovering since ...

And thanks for the compliments on the thread content!

My rear axle is 61" wheel mount surface to wheel mount surface (so rotor installed yes). 61" is the standard width Rob installs in the chassis. It's a good balance of getting a decent lip on the wheel but not narrowing your track to drag race specs. That's 2.5" more narrow than the stock '71 rear axle, but keep in mind the 67-70 had a different width than the 71-72.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote