View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #70
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

After a little bit of cutting, grinding, and air chiseling I got the bad panel out.

It took alot of lining up and minor trimming, but I got the donor floor tacked into place. I will be going back later and welding it completely in. I also had to drill holes in the donor panel for the blazer bucket seat bolt brackets (Since there are more brackets than with a truck; and since they are in a different location). Fortunately the front inner seat bolt bracket is attatched to the cab floor support, so that gave me a reference point to base everything else off of. I had to take the drivers side bucket seat in and out of the blazer about 6 or 8 times in order to get all of the seat bolt brackets lined up exactly.

After finishing up on the drivers side I started up fresh today on the passenger side floor board. This side was a little bit more stubborn than the drivers side; of course this side was in better shape and it had more supports attatched underneath.

The bolts that hold the passenger seat rear hold down bracket were both broken off in the floor bolt brackets. I soaked the bolts with penetrating oil for a couple of hours and used vice grips on them, but was unsuccessful in removing them. Since I didn't have time to keep playing around with them I simply drilled them out. I will try to re thread them at a later date.

I am not sure why but this patch panel went in much smoother and tighter than the drivers side patch. Once again it was just tacked in and will be completely welded in before bieng called done. I guess I just had better measurements this time around. As you can see I got all of the passenger seat brackets attatched and in place. This was not an easy task; not sure how Nobby was able to do it after the fact because even with bieng able to remove the floor during this job it was a PAIN. I put the passenger side seat in and fortunately the seat brackets and the floor brackets line up as they should. The seat locks down in the back very easily and releases easily.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 02-12-2010 at 02:24 AM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote