View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 07:30 AM   #4
Gumby83

Re: 1965 C10 - Turbo LS Ratrod

When i got the truck to my new shop, i did a oil change and was greeted with Glittery Pancake batter. This is where things started snowballing. I found a steal of a deal on a 2003 LQ4 (6L) on market place. i picked it up for 800$. Originally i was just going weld a bung into the oil pan and throw a turbo on it. Then the "While i got it out" and "While i am in there" got ahold of me. so i stripped it down to a bare block and dropped it off at a machine shop to get honed .030 over and have the new crank/piston/rods balanced to the crank. (this took almost 5 months, so i had alot of fun things to do in the meantime.) I stipped the bed out (it was just decking, and screwed down with wood screws to the original bed) and i found some steel... lots of it. I guess the PO decided it was an easy way to get a lower ride height.. this plate was all 3/4" thick. over 300lbs if math serves. I also scalloped/plated the engine bay frame rails to make room for the turbo manifold and to stiffen up the chassis and reinforced the trailing arm crossmember, also added a hoop to the top to give the driveshaft more clearance.

Gumby83 is offline   Reply With Quote