View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
hdff

Re: What's missing on this seat track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
If you're a paying member, you might score that spring off the part's board. There are two springs on the driver's side. Here are my notes on those, which includes the lengths:

• Bench to bracket spring: A 11.3/4" spring attaches to the bottom rear bench frame. The hole is located approx. 4.1/2" from the bracket. It slips into the hole over the bench cover. The other end attaches to the hole located on the inside of the bracket near the front.

• Seat adjuster spring: The short end of a 7.1/4" spring slips through top of the hole in the adjuster handle. The other end attaches to the bottom rear corner where the track and bracket meet. Once attached, bend the end of the spring in at the handle.
yep i'm a paying member... I found the spring and the keys w/springs at a place mentioned in the links provided by lockdoc, thanks leon, now I just need to find the rod that connects them, I will put a WTB over in parts or try to make one as described by zeroman above.
I may not ever move the seat but the ocd in me wants things done right, I hate half ass stuff and the PO left plenty of that for me....... and it also gives me a chance to paint the seat track in the mean time. I only wish I was ready to redo the seat now that it's out. i''l mention it here... WTB this rod in the pic
Attached Images

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote