Thread: 98 w/t rcsb
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #52
LT7A

Re: 98 w/t rcsb

Very intrigued by your thread. I really like your way of taking a truck that many would think doesn't have enough "features" and customizing it in a simple way that suits your taste and is appealing to many. Your body and paint skills don't hurt either. I'll go ahead and give you my opinion on a couple of things but you should do what you think you'll like best.

Personally, I'm not sold on the retro step bed. I think it is too "literal" as far as the retro scheme for my tastes. If you could similarly back date the grill and lights, then maybe. But with it's current "squared-awayness" it will not just be a contrast, but at odds with a bed from another era. I think much of the appeal of your truck lies in the careful but simple retro touches rather than swapping in old sheetmetal. That said, I'd love to see what you could do with an actual old truck. I think breaking your paint colors at the upper body line would be very successful. Splitting the white and the blue on the line that runs from the upper corner of the grill to the upper corner of the taillights would give you a white hood and cab, as well as along the top of the bedsides+tailgate. I know that doesn't spell out "retro" but your colors are already saying that and I think that split would continue to develop the character of your truck without being showy. Barring that, a white top, back of cab, and B pillars would successfully repeat a theme done many times. A pillars, body color. Have you considered a bone or ivory tone for your white? Again a subtle nod to days gone by. At that point, the wheels might want the secondary color too.

I'm not shy, so those are my thoughts. Regardless, your truck will look neat no matter what you decide and I'm inspired by your creativity. Thanks for letting us see your work.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote