View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #11
FLYNAVY30

Re: What are you using for A/C?

I'm running Vintage Air in my '72 C20. I live in VA and on the hottest, most miserably humid days in the summer, it will nicely cool the occupants of the front seats. That being said, dont think that you're going to cool the entire cabin with that single unit. My truck originally had the rear A/C unit, and I need to look into what generic offerings VA might have that would fit in the factory rear housing to piggy back on the front system and up the cold air output.

Insulation (which I have not yet upgraded) is key as well. As are good door and window seals.....mine are all dry rotted. The sheer square footage of glass in these trucks is also working against you. Tinting would help significantly, but I can't bring myself to do it....the cabin is just so open and airy with clear glass.

Lastly, the blower motor is much louder than I would have suspected on the higher settings. This is likely due to the fact that its not buried as deeply in the dash as modern cars have their blower motors. It moves quite a bit of air, but it is noisy at full boogie.

Hope that helps, if you have any additional questions about the system, feel free to ask! Install was relatively simple, and I love the potentiometers that allow you to use the factory HVAC controls so that it all looks stock!

-Greg
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote