View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #19
pwdcougar

Re: What are you using for A/C?

How long do these Classic and Vintage air units last? The reason for asking is the Vintage air unit in a burb I bought had a leaking heater core. The unit was installed in 2001 or 2002. The heater core and the AC unit was one piece and there was no way to just replace the heater core. Vintage air upgraded the unit in the truck and there was no way to fix the system. The only option was to replace the entire system.

I've always considered heater cores to be a consumable part and to design the system this way just seamed like poor engineering.

Speaking of poor engineering, why does like it seem like they build cars around the heater core? On my wife's 2005 Impala I swear the the first part on the assembly line was the heater core on a jig. As the core went down the line they constructed the rest of the car around it!

Paul
1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote