Thread: New guy here!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #9
1968 baby blue C10

Re: New guy here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trostan View Post
Ha! Well I’m glad I’m not the only one with a built in oil coating device in their tranny! There’s quite a bit down there. I think the previous owner was concerned about the trailing arms falling apart though. There’s a pile of extra metal scraps welded on. And im not sure which model of 4spd manual it is, one that kinda works though lol. Reverse is on the left, can’t remember which model they said that was
Hey free undercoating right? haha
And yeah that's always interesting when someone starts goober welding stuff on. Still shouldn't be a big deal.
And my reverse is on the right. 68 was the first year of the SM465. I'd say yours is the previous Synchro-Mesh, I can't remember what its called either. These transmissions are tanks though, they say a 465 can handle upwards of 500-600 ft lbs of torque. And the two wheel drive models are stronger than the 4 wheel drive. Are your first and reverse non synchronized too?
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote