View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:46 AM   #3
Ekliptix

Re: My First Blazer (70' 2wd) - 2,200mi drive home - Photos

Since having the Blazer since July 2017, I've driven it a bunch, gone to 1 car show with Kasia, and ordered some parts.

The parts are new black carpet as the current one is dull and browning. Sound deadening for the floor. A rear view mirror. New weather seals to try and keep it water tight. We had rain on the drive to Calgary and found this hard top does not seal perfectly against the roll up door windows.

I also discovered that with the disk brake upgrade the Blazer came with (front), the front is a 5 lug setup while the rear is the factory 6 lug setup. This makes throwing some other wheels on a bit tough, so a 5 lug swap for the rear is in the plans and some 20" torque thrusts or something similar.

The prev owner(s) did some personalizing touches that are not my style, so I intent to remove some add-ons, improve the stereo a little, swap the wheels since I'm not a super fan of the white walls (sometimes they catch my heart though), and maybe bag it.

Driving to a car show

Rolling in

Drivetrain: Built 402BB, TCI Streetfighter 700R4, 2,500 stall, Eaton posi, 3.73. Suspension/Chassis: ECE 4.5/6.5 drop, CPP nitrogen shocks, CPP front and rear sway bar, CPP cross members. Exhaust: 3" exhaust with x-pipe, Spintech 3000 mufflers, Hooker ceramic coated headers. Best 1/4 mile time: TBD.

Last edited by Ekliptix; 03-07-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Ekliptix is online now   Reply With Quote