View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
rfmaster

Re: 1988 350 TBI idles funny, stalls when put in gear, and accels rough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongun324 View Post
I rebuilt the FPR with the Autozone kit, which included a new spring and used the new spring. Either way this is without taking the FPR into account, I was measuring at the inlet, fuel line disconnected and plugged into a pressure gauge (dont have the materials to make an inline one yet).

Autozone has a fuel pump rebuild kit, that doesn't include strainer for 54, or I could order THIS from Rockauto. Thoughts? I don't really have the budget to spend 150$ on a new whole assembly, especially if I don't need to. The gas gauge seems to be working fine for example. I'm just looking to keep it ticking, for occasional use as a work truck.

OK - you have performed a dead head pump test - a good TBI pump should deliver 20+ PSI. You have a bad fuel pump partner!

Rock auto kit is a good replacement kit and has the right hose included. Inlet strainer should be replaced as they get clogged over time (time is our enemy!). Please note since we live in CA our fuel (oxygenated, skunky smelling poop) and contains 10 to 15% ethanol (depending on refinery). This stuff is bad news for older vehicles - anything designed and built before 1995 or their about. You should thank Air resources board for this one.

//RF

//RF

1975 Chevrolet C20 longbed
350/700R4! with 3inch body lift
Dual Flowmasters Super 40's!
TBI retrofit completed (2007-07-29)
New 383CID (+030) 08-304-8 9.5:1CR x36,005 (2012-12-17)
rfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote