View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #201
ranger2339

Re: My caster mod (with pictures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
Just trying to save a life here. Sorry I was dramatic. I meant no harm. Just doesn't look safe. If you moved the arm forward by the mod method, and then moved the ball joint mounting then didn't you basically just move the place where the spring sits? I just don't follow what you've done here. I am a little slow today. Again, I mean no harm just trying to figure this out. As I understand the MOD it moves the whole arm and that is what it is intended to do. Or did you move the ball joint in the same direction creating even more caster?
Yea no worries, I didn't mod the cross shaft, just the ball joint mounting location so the spring pocket stays the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
I did my first set of arms in a similar way.

The plating is more important on the sides than top and bottom. You lost the strength of the arms when you cut through the sides. Think of bending a ruler when it is flat vs standing on its side.
I totally missed that you shortened the arm a bit in order to keep it alignment with one of the sides there, ah damn. Any pics of the final outcome of your arms?

Might just do the cross shaft mod on another set of arms if I messed these up too much.

I do appreciate all the feedback, as Im not the best at this.
ranger2339 is offline   Reply With Quote