View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #37
msg

Re: Fixin Dixie - 66 Short Bed Fleetside

Catch up

Took the doors off and cut out the base of the doors where they were rusted, then took them to the sand blasters to get done inside and out. They ended up not being able to blast off the rubbery spray insulation part on the inner door, and also left me a good bit to sand off myself where the panel wasnt supported after I cut the base. They said it could warp it if they did, so I take them on their word there.

Then I built my cab stand and lift

The lift worked great but the support box I had to redesign as it wouldn't clear the lift base that needed to roll underneath and the width was too wide to fit in the angled portion under the cab. So I ended up modifying to this.

And yesterday was a fun day.
I rented a 16ft moving truck and called on some favors around the neighborhood for some muscle to lift the frame and rear axle onto the truck, strapped it in and drove to the blasters. They had a much better way of lifting the frame and axle out

Drove back home and unloaded with the same neighborhood crew and today I finally get to prep and paint the frame, axle and few other parts. Getting out there now. Ill post more later.