View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
X2 on the rot. Yeller's front biscuits had DISINTEGRATED. Totally. So now what? What's rotten? Core bottom? Fender cups? New wear parts in the front end? How are the rockers/cab supports? I have the # of a great sandblast guy. How's Kathy feeling?
Posted via Mobile Device
Core bottom is completely gone, will require a different one. I picked up some good used inners from Bob's. Don't know about the front end stuff yet, however, the old dog drove nice and straight coming home, so hope springs eternal. Has new rockers and some floor patches, but all the floor supports are gone and the panels were scabbed on like you see a lot. I plan to cut the new outer rockers off where they were tacked on and reuse them. I already bought a complete new floor for it, so that takes care of the supports, the inner rockers and the gaping holes in the floor covered by the scabs.

I saw your post about Mark in Blue Springs and will give him a try. Do you know anyone who has experience using his services? Brian wants to buy my stepside bed so all I need to have blasted is the cab, doors, LF fender, hood and maybe a few other pieces. In keeping with the low buck objective, I plan to buy a long fleetside bed and cut it down to make a shorty out of it.

Kathy pulled thru okay and we're both back to 100% ...or as close as you get to it at our age. She gave me quite a scare though. First night she came down sick, she fainted and fell while getting out of bed. Then fainted again about 15' down the hall on the way to the bath. At least I had ahold of her the second time so she didn't hit the floor like a sack of taters. She's sporting several large bruises, but no other ill effects.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote