View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #23
Beach-Burban

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
See if you can see the latch and lock by rolling down the window on the 3rd door and shining a good strong flashlight into the door at the back of the glass. If you can get a penetrating oil nozzle down in there and spray the back of the lock cylinder and door latch it may solve your problem.

If the ignition/door key will physically slide into the 3rd door lock cylinder I can key it the same as the other locks on the truck. If it were me I would leave it if you can get it working.

LockDoc
Thanks for the response, Leon...it's been raining a lot here for the past couple days, so I haven't done any investigation into my problem! Hopefully today will be drier?

As for the lock cylinder, I was given two keys when I purchased the vehicle...one in good shape that works every lock but will not physically slide into the 3rd door cylinder...and one in very worn condition (almost looks like it's been "shaved") that works every lock with a little jiggling. The worn key WILL easily slide into the 3rd door cylinder, but doesn't move toward unlocking it even in the slightest amount!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote