View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #20
gconn77

Quote:
Originally Posted by badone07
"Not sure where you can buy the terminal for the choke's light blue wire." and,
"I wouldn't cut that tie wrap just yet. You need to supply the choke element a constant 12volts with the light blue wire. Otherwise, it will stay closed and choke out the motor. It should start right up though. You need to figure out the oil switch first and connect the vacuum lines properly."
That blue wire once I connect it to the electric choke causes the oil pressure light to turn on in my instrument cluster. Are you sure that this is the correct wire to connect to the electric choke? If this is the correct wire to connect to the electric choke, then how come my oil pressure light turns on in my instrument cluster?

Wait a minute... after looking closer at the gauge in the instrument cluster... this is a shared gauge... meaning it will light up and if it does it could mean there is a problem with one of two things or both:

Oil Pressure and or
Electric Choke.

Let me know if this is correct?

Also, if this is the correct wire, then how come the choke light always remains on when this wire is connected? Is the reason because of the tie wrap around the choke?

I look forward to your response.
Regards,
Garry

Last edited by gconn77; 02-24-2005 at 07:00 PM.
gconn77 is offline   Reply With Quote