View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #4
'63MurderTruck

Re: REAR(Drum) brakes won't bleed

*UPDATE*

Okay, I completely took apart and rebuilt the proportioning valve(reset the piston), and installed the bleeder valve tool. I checked the REAR output before connecting the brake lines. It had great pressure and stream with each pump of the brakes. I connected the brake lines and start to bleed the rear brakes... SAME EXACT PROBLEM. No fluid or air through the bleeder, and the brake pedal gets pressure.

So... I take off the REAR LINES at the proportioning valve. I take out both REAR BLEEDERS and blow them out, great air flow. I then reinstall the bleeders and unhook BOTH REAR BRAKE LINES, and blow them out, great air flow.

I test the proportioning valve again before connecting the lines and still have a great stream from the proportioning valve. Connect the lines... and SAME PROBLEM.

I remove the lines, test the proportioning valve AGAIN... This time even with the bleeder tool in place, there was no fluid exiting the rear port. RIGHT BACK TO SQUARE ONE!!!!!! UGHHHH!!!!!

I ordered a new proportioning valve(although the one I'm using now is BRAND NEW),... I'll update here after it arrives and I see if it works.
'63MurderTruck is offline   Reply With Quote