View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #18
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: I finally got my 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux View Post
I noticed how close you are to the RR tracks, I bet that's fun at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
that'll buff right out.....

being so close to the tracks, you could just about throw the leftovers in a hopper car!!
The blazer is not at my home. I live 1.5 blocks away from the tracks. I know a guy who bought the property next to the tracks and built his shop there. He lets me use the area and helps me out sometimes. It was his trailer I used also. He was also the guy who came across the great deal on the truck frame I'm using for suspension, and it turns out the cab/body supports, etc. I'll need to make a decent chassis out of this.

Interesting story on how we met. I drove past his house a lot bringing my youngest to softball practice and games. When I bought my first junkyard jimmy, I was looking for wheels and tires. He always have chevy stuff around so I stopped to talk and see if he might have something. We BS'ed for a while and sold me the wheels and tires that are still on it, then he offered to let me use space on his lot for storage. Over the past couple years we got to know each other and help each other out.

Can you guys imagine what this tub would look like after sandblasting?

Last edited by hgs_notes; 06-02-2009 at 11:46 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote