View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #25
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Refining "Sierra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Sometimes you have to go backward several steps to move forward. Thats been the case in the design of this storage box. Again I battled with function versus aesthetics. If I kept the original design, the sub speaker enclosure was against the back of the seat unless I angled it dramatically.

The trade off was to disassemble the box and modify the shape once more. This gives more storage space, and eliminates the clearance issue. I do feel the balance of aesthetics and function blend well. Now I am wood filling, sanding, and blocking the boxes now for final fitment. We will cover them once the system has been tested and tuned.

While the filler is drying, we started on final routing of wiring. I knew it would require some cleaning up, but it was a bigger mess than expected. The stereo installers work was not to my standards as I prefer to solder and shrink tube wires when possible. The install location also requires removing the carpet as we had a pretty large bundle that wouldn't hide well along the door threshold. Once everything is routed and tested we can start the reassembly process.
I closed the discussion thread now that this one is fully updated. Please post any comments in this thread.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote