View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #1
cerial

Aftermarket Big fuel gauge

Doing a ls swap with a custom dash pulling all the old electronics out of my 87v10.

I want switches and a large dual battery marine master disconnect switch to the left side where the small gauges currently are. Switches going down from there on a removable panel for easy maintance.

Where the speedo/fuel gauge currently is I am just going to run a old Garmen which will display speed/mileage at key on with a large fuel gauge next to it.

There is a screen on the garmen which just shows mileage and speed. I ran one for over 400k without fail before driving OTR. Thing will load right up(vs torque), auto dim, and accurately record my speed/mileage no matter the ratio or tire size I feel like running during the summer/winter. Not bad for $20.

Where the heater control/radio is I will run a old phone to run torque pro off the obd2 port for gauges(once they load) and a modern removable phone for navigation/speed limits(waze) spotify/downloaded songs plugged into a 3.5 jack to play through a cheap deck tucked behind the glove box. Using a slider on the phone for volume with the deck always at max.

I am strange. I like that big (no tach) fuel gauge. I don't want a puny 2" one. That being said I cant find any freaking aftermarket ones that are that size.

Does anyone make a Big aftermarket fuel gauge?

I honestly did not think this would be such a pain to find one the factory size. I guess I can just buy a $50 one from LMC, make a housing for it and while there drill some holes into the face for turn/bright/4wd indicator leds. Thats plan B at this point.
But if I could get a 270 degree one that size I could just drop in/wire up it would really make me happy.

Sending unit is a 1972 0-90 ohm.
1985 K20 Winter beater
1991 R30(squarebody) c/c flatbed towrig
1994 s10 80"wb custom build
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote