View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #32
bbrriiaann1973

Re: Post your "one that got away"

My father purchased the 70 c10 that I have now when I was 5 days old. That was about 45 years ago and the one thing that I have never understood is why people get rid of classic cars and trucks? Then they end up regretting it for the rest of their life.*

I decided when I was a very young man that no matter what I would never get rid of my truck.

You are wise beyond your years....

I had some tough years and there were times that I could afford to work on it or fix it or hell even drive it. During those moments I had to put it in the back yard and just let it sit. But I knew I would work two or three jobs instead of selling the truck. I got plenty of offers but I always turned them down.

One that got away, I went to go look at a 72 blazer and it was a old guy on his death bed and he was getting rid of all of his stuff before he died. Well I showed up and looked at it and told him I will be back after I stop off at the bank. I go to the bank and come back with cashiers check and I was to late in the time it took another person came by with cash and it was gone! It was probably worth 15k at the time selling it for 8k.

Had I just taken 8k out of my account and took it with me I would still have it today