Thread: V8 swap in AD
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
Matt_50

V8 swap in AD

Hey guys, I know this has been covered and I know there is a search box. My problem is I'm not quite finding what I'm looking for. I'm hoping you guys can direct me to the perfect build thread or have the advice handy. Im finding a lot of swaps on a s10 frame or I'm finding swaps that do not give the pictures I'm looking for. I want to find threads or info using a stock frame.

I'm putting a 350/350 in a 1950 3100 this weekend. I want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible. I've been told a few things I want to be clear on.

First, stock frame. With c10 IFS..cannot use c10 engine mounts. I am using c10 power steering though.
Second, I have one of the universal tubular engine mounts.
Third, no trans tunnel. Factory firewall and floor.

I've been told I can leave stock engine crossmember in and slide back trans crossmember and put a trans mount pad on it. Use my universal engine mount and done.

I was also told I cannot leave stock engine crossmember but I could use trans crossmember but it would need to be bolted under the frame instead of in the rails.

Which option can work? Both? I'm looking for close up pics of a 350/350 combo in stock frame. See what I need to move, trim, or remove.

I know I will see a lot during install, but I'm trying to get all the stuff ready for a easier swap. I have 3100 bare frame at front as well as my donor truck. Engine is disconnected from everything except mounts. I am installing combo all at once. So just pull and set in new frame.

Thanks guys.
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote