View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #29
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
You did a lot of nice work a long time ago. Glad that you're able to re-utilize most of it. The progress on the new stuff looks good.
I appreciate it. It was my dream at the time. Its funny how your dreams change over time. I think this will be just as cool but just different.

Today was a very productive day. I didn't get started early but I was still able to get more done than I had hoped.

My buddy was in town so he was able to help me get the engine and trans pulled out. It came out super easy with no issues.

Then this afternoon I set about pulling the front axle. I needed to support the truck obviously so I dragged out my quick jacks to use. They aren't ideal for this setup but with a couple blocks and some adjusting they worked just fine. The axle came out with no issues. No seized leaf shackle bolts or anything.

This afternoon I set about removing the 4wd parts that aren't needed. These rivets suck! I made the best of it by cutting crosses in them with the cut off wheel then air hammering them off. Not too terrible but not fun either. Got everything done.

Tomorrow I plan to set about making a template to drill the new holes for the subframe. I search around and several people mentioned that 2wd frames and 4wd frames have no similar holes except for the steering box. I was able to find an oblong hole about 4 inches behind the rear steering box holes that are the same on both frames. So I plan to use it for my template. Not exactly sure how Im gonna go about it yet. Ill think of it tonight. I plan to get the holes drilled and get the subframe mounted. Make sure everything is good there then pull it back off and repaint the front section of this frame.

If anyone has tips or comments feel free.

Im gonna be looking to sell the Dana 60 with crossover steering, the 14b ff, the NP205. The 8" leaf packs and the Rancho shocks. If anyone has any idea what this stuff is worth Id appreciate it.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote