View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #14
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Show me your exotic intake setups

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
I can imagine their cold-start driveability was pretty terrible! Really intended for road course racing, I think.

But no Z/28 was ever ordered with or built with a cross-ram intake. They were available through the dealership parts counter. A dealer could install one, but most were owner-installed.

Since they're never on the build sheet or paperwork, like any over-the-counter-part it's impossible to tie one to a car, or to say a car had one from day 0 even. I have a new Z06 Corvette with some Z07 option parts, installed by the dealer and paid for with the same check, but they're not RPO ordered to the car. In 20 years it's my word against the build sheet... That's about as close as you could get with a cross-ram too.

Sadly they're not worth as much anymore now that they're repopped with the Winters foundry logo and part number and everything. They used to be as rare as hen's teeth.

I know close to zero about Camaros. Ive just seen a lot of pics of his from way back when he first got it. Had a cross ram and 4 spd. Never asked him if it was dealer installed or what. I believe he has every receipt for everything from when new. All I know is its pretty cool a guy in his 70's has the 69 Camaro he ordered brand new.