View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #63
Bowtie67

Re: cutting the dash

I see a few comments I highly agree with, First I would cut my dash mainly because I have dealt with radios under the seat, in the glove box, laying in the middle of the floor. My opinion is as someone else stated these trucks will never be worth anything like a 68 Comaro RS or 56 thunderbird etc unless you happen to be the original owner and your name is Prince Charles. Installing an aftermarket player in the dash so that it looks clean looks every bit as good as an original but sounds 10X better. I have seen on this post guys who would not cut their dash to put the CD there but instead they welded a plate in the glove box and installed the player there. I would buy the truck with the modified dash before buying the one who just made the glove box useless so now I have to put everything under the seat or take the $hit out of the mail box. My truck is far from stock but other than seeing a rake to it, different wheels/Tires and engine noise nobody except a person knowing these trucks and is a fanatic about it being totally stock knows the difference, and the fanatic isnt going to like that late model truck seat or Grand Prix buckets in their either. I personally think that the Blazer gas tanks in the rear or these trucks look rediculas, you see this big ass bulge hanging down in the rear(kinda reminds me of my kids when they where babies and filled their diapers full of $hit), it looks far more unnatural than cutting up a dash to install a nice radio or DVD setup.
Attached Images

2009 Toyota Tundra
1996 Harley RoadKing

"I maybe getting old, but I can still burn rubber with the best of them"
Bowtie67 is offline   Reply With Quote