View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 11:51 PM   #6
raidmagic

Re: My fuel tank install

Quote:
Originally Posted by '65 chevy lover View Post
I did remove a brace, not sure what it was. If I remember correctly, It was about an 1-1/4"x1-14". I didn't have to drill holes for anything, just used holes hat were already there for all of it, even the strap. Most of the installs I've seen have used two straps, but if I had done that it would have required me to drill holes for everything. I had to place the tank on the ground and form the strap around it to ensure equal length on each side. I used some of the stuff that was in the box to put on the inside of the strap. I think it's going to be just fine, at least I hope it is...LOL The job would be impossible IMHO with the bed on. Hope this helps you.
Ok I've got the tank installed and bolted to the frame. The only thing I don't have done is the strap. For the life of me I'm not understanding where it goes. I have 2 straps and they don't fit anything. Can you show me a picture from underneath how you did your strap? At this point I'm thinking it's a safety measure. I did everything with the bed on btw.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote