View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #286
Flysocal

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 Build Thread

Frusted posting pictures. Used Vge.me but cant seem to load the website. So now I'm trying Imugr but can only post to forum using a desktop computer. Will not work on iPad or iPhone. And the images are massive! No idea how to scale things down (figured it out). Looking for image hosting recommendations.

As for the build, painter has had it for a few months now and is taking his time. So I've been enjoying the open garage and getting stuff done around the house. The wife and I have been practical over the years and she never got the fun car she always wanted. I've built a few choppers and now building the truck but she never got something fun for herself and after I bought her a new minivan I felt kinda bad. With the space for a quick project and with her in mind, I picked up a 2006 mini cooper convertible with engine misfire. The PO was done with the car since it wasn't reliable and was a money pit. Picked it up for cheap and was prepared to remove the cylinder head and rebuild the top end. Take a look at the picture above. It was a $20 intake valve spring and the car was back on the road in no time. Happy wife, happy life.

Last edited by Flysocal; 10-06-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Flysocal is offline   Reply With Quote