View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
sduckworth13

my 1967 GMC 5 lug disc/ drum swap

I started out with a 1967 GMC 3/4 ton 8 lug, drum/drum, manual sterring, manual brakes.I am doing a 5 lug disc/drum ps, pb and a 4 1/2 inch drop using CCP 2 inch lowering coils and McGaughys 2 1/2 inch drop spindles for the 1.25 rotors in the front and 6 inch drop in the back. The suspension I'm using came from a 1974 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. I decided to paint my interior a satin black and get rid of the orange interior in the process too. I still have a ways to go. So far I've got the front end assembled, power booster attached to the firewall and power steering gear box attached to the frame, the interior painted, weather stripping installed, and I shortened the steering column and painted it also. I still need to install my flip kit, new brake lines, run my vaccum for my power booster and install my power steering bracket, pulley and hoses. I have to replace my windshield too, but I found a rust hole in the dash right where the dash and windshield spot welds are so I'm going tear out the old non a/c dash and put an a/c dash when I replace the windshield. I found a whole dash out of a 1971 Chevy truck with the gauge cluster panel w/o tach and a/c heater selector unit still in the dash that I'm going to install. Heres a few pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by sduckworth13; 05-31-2011 at 01:44 AM.
sduckworth13 is offline   Reply With Quote