View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
scottofksu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwho View Post
Okay, in an attempt to respond to all of you guys in one post; my first thought was to run a M22. I figured that the expense of a M21 or Muncie M22 and a gear vendors over drive would quickly start climbing into the realm of the expense of a T56. I am building my axle after I have determined what transmission and rear tire I am going to run.

As for F/R weight ratios, how far down and back my engine can go will be determined my shifter placement options/configurations of the transmission that I choose. Lots of options out there.

In my reading I have realized that the Corvette T56 isn't the way to go. Sounds like an LT1 T56 is the best choice. I'll just start my search for the right transmission. I do appreciate you guys taking the time to help out!

Nik
Something to consider... I recently purchased a T56 out of a ‘94 Camaro. The cost was just $350; so I went with it! My engine is a 400-550 HP SBC (haven’t had it dynoed yet, hence the range), and I have interest in even more wild options in the future. As such, to make the trans live a long life, and to put the shifter where I needed it (i.e., mounted to the access port just behind the bellhousing) I sent the trans off to be rebuilt and modified. That cost $2700. Then there’s the flywheel ($600), and bellhousing ($600 for AFI), and clutch ($550)... You can see how things add up! Now I’m not certain I wouldn’t have just been better with a TKO600...
Posted via Mobile Device
scottofksu is offline   Reply With Quote