Thread: 67 swb bed
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Re: 67 swb bed

its all about location and how nice of a truck you are putting it on.I have 2 perfect short fleet beds and I have been offered $1500 cash without the tailgates several times and they are not for sale.I have 2 72 bb cheyenne super longbeds from ca that are rust free and I am going to swap them onto short frames and use these beds.The frame and the bed is the only differance but look at what a rustfree 72bb cheyenne super swb sales for compared to a lwb.If you live out west they are not to hard to find.Where I live on the east coast nice short fleets are rare and worth alot more.Last time I checked prices it cost about $2500 to build and all new short fleet with goodmark sheetmetal and a wood floor.If you know of a nice 67 swb for $500 to $600 and don't buy it.I'll drive to Ten and pick it up.I am going to ca to pickup a 72 bb lwb it cost $200 for a plain ticket weeks in advance and between $600 & $700 in fuel to drive it home.That does not include food and lodging while traveling.If I spend $1500 over the price of the truck and a week to go get it I'm much better off than spending weeks and $1500 in parts and materials to fix a rusty eastcoast truck.I bought the rustfree truck cheaper in ca than I could find a rusty one around home.I love this computer.makes shopping for parts such a breeze .10 years ago I road all over the country every weekend looking for good body parts.In 10 more years all those western trucks are going to be dwindling out and see what a nice shortbed will be then.Ask someone with a rustfree swb restored truck that has been in a wreck and needs a swb to put his truck back together .location & need
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote