View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #455
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I did some research and my shifting issues pointed to a kick down cable that was too tight. according to the online masses the cable needs to be tight at full throttle but loose enough hat it doesn't hinder the throttle opening up all the way. makes sense to me. the second issue with tip in sounds like it could be the accelerator pump adjustment. on the accelerator pump cam there are 3 places you can put it. you choose the position based on where your vehicle ides. if its a hot cam and idles at 600 you used the first spot so when you hit the gas the accelerator pump shoot way more fuel in to get you idle up to driving speed. if your truck idles at 900 or more you need a lot less fuel to get you moving so that another position. the next steps are to loosen the trans cable until I can get full throttle with the kick down getting tight right at full throttle, check the adjustment on the accelerator pump arm and the mounted location of the accelerator cam, finalize the pedal location on its splines and put the set screw in hopefully for the last time. the good news is that all of that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. once that's done its back to the "track" for test and tune. if it performs well there I will try and get 20 or so miles on it to help wake it back up. so nice to have the death rattle breathing again.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote