View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 01:59 AM   #521
chev-obsession

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Finally got this speedo completed! After reading through this thread about 100 times no exaggeration, and asking tons questions I have it completed! A couple things I did a little different was powder coating the tins since I have the equipment and cutting a hole for the tach and clock and welding a trim ring to keep the factory look.

I haven’t put the ls engine in my truck yet and I’m going to wait until the engine is in to install the new cluster. To check my work before installing, I unplugged the factory plug from the cluster that is in the truck now and used alligator clips to connect from various pins in the factory plug to the lights and gauges in the new cluster. The only thing that I haven’t tried is the speedo which is most important. So super excited to try it out. Thanks to Eric and Tom for answering all of my novice questions! I was disappointed in my painting skills, a couple of the numbers didn’t turn out the best, I should have took the decal off sooner. This project defiantly tested my patience!
Attached Images