View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 PM   #203
clinebarger

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodiagnostik View Post
Thanks man! I swear I don't remember seeing that valve when I took everything apart, I took it apart very slowly & laid the valves out as I took them out. But who knows, it could have rolled off the bench & disappeared. Is there anyway the transmission could have worked without it? At any rate, I'm going to look for a reman or salvage yard type 2 valve body with the one piece 1-2 sleeve, which as far as I can tell should have came on the car. The valve body disassembly photos on the corvette forums all show the one piece.
I have never left the valve out, Or test drove a "Problem" unit that had the Valve missing. But one thing I can say is....Without it, The 1-2 TV Valve cannot "Relay" TV pressure to Oppose Governor pressure that is acting on the actual Shift Valve. Its only role except for acting as a Relay/Spacer is to keep Governor Pressure from Shifting the 1-2 Shift Valve from stroking while in Manual LO.

A few theories....
It would shift too 2nd as soon as you get rolling.
It would take off in 2nd gear.
Line pressure would flood the bore & the unit would burn clutches.

Nothing wrong with a Type-I Valve Body, Truth be told, They are better in High Performance/Heavy Duty applications. My gut feeling is that Valve is somewhere at your place...Some valves can roll 100', Ask me how I know.

I would like to know more about your unit, Aux. Valve Body? etc.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote