View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #3432
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Back to the service station.

Seen them before, but continue to make me smile. Spoke to the driver too, steering on the right for postal deliveries to post boxes on sidewalks.

Engine he said is 4 cylinder from S10 Chevy.

Coffee dilemma

And No.....

I did not buy it.

Though patriotism is visible everywhere on the road, this one seen a while later on our way after our good byes.

Ray and Eve at the services, two incredibly genuine people, Craig and I both regretted having to leave so soon, a week would have been good with them.

Back at Rays a couple more pics.

I am sorry we did not get around to seeing him abuse his favourite toy, the “License Loser” S10

I like S10 Chevys

Rays standard Blue Heritage with fairing as he likes his music.

Eve’s 100 ci 6 speeder and a hopped up cam, ign and and head work with 200 rear tire in black and white that he custom built for her short 5’2” frame as she likes to go fast, she called it the Renegade. It’s my favourite looker.

So once we had said all our goodbyes, it was off to the motorway with Wayz guiding us.

This Silverado is light on gas, really light and we decided to fill it up about 60 miles down the road as Adam had told us to bring it home on empty, or as close to empty as possible....... not the kind of thing Craig and I would normally do, rather full up and after a wash. But working back he calculated that this would land us back near empty.

So we pulled in and I was filling the truck when he came over with a stupid grin, saying to me “You cannot say no, you cannot refuse and you certainly cannot return it” “Seriously”
So taken aback, I asked him what he was talking about.
So he pulled out model of an AD Chevy like the trucks he has at home and said “Ray gave me this to add to my collection of other I bought already and he sent you a gift too but you cannot refuse”

#Gobsmacked....

Touched and choked up at the pumps.

This is like giving away your first born in Hotrodding to me.

Taken from his 1931 Ford Tudor Sedan when he traded it for the Caddy as a momento, this to me is a bigger gift than one should ever accept, but the rules were made and read for me and I had no say in it.

The trip that keeps giving, had just blown my mind.

I called Ray from the truck on my mobile to say Thank You and to bollock him for the size of this gift, which in my view was just too much.

First thing he did was laugh and laugh at me, then made it clear that he had had his fun and had less use for it now, than I would have for it as an ornament in my house.
It was going to go into my study where I can enjoy seeing and touching it.

Thank you again Ray.

You guys rocked for us.

After filling up, we joined the main motorway and headed South.

Toward Le Claire.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote