View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #7
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Re: Need help / idea - no power and erratic idling

TPS - .5v at closed 4.2v at wide open (****tier multimeter... not a fancy digital one)

IAC plug - 20 Ohms resistance between green wires. 50 Ohms resistance between blue wires.
How do I check the actual sensor without pulling it?

Spray pattern looked fine. Like a nice cone when revving it.

I have 20 Ohms of resistance at the temp sending unit plug.
Right now it is 62° out here. I checked the Ohms of the sending unit, and it read about 4500. That is right around 60°. I can't keep the bloody thing running long enough to let it warm up... but I will try... and then get a reading and hot to see how many Ohms there are.

abig84 - Can you take a pic of this ground wire you speak of?
What should it be attached to? I see there is a ground wire at the thermostat housing... but it goes into the big wire bundle.

sntrym95 - What is so hard about switching them? Both are Gen1 350's. I pull the fuel pump out of the tank, and run a flexible tube down to the bottom of the tank to make sure I get fuel, and cut the fuel pump wires so that I'm running on the mechanical fuel pump already on the motor.
I can reuse the temp sending unit and oil pressure sending unit for the gauges... as well as the fuel level sending unit.
All I need is a wire from the battery to the distributor to give it spark, and hookup the starter.
All of the crap on the front of the 92's can fit on the front of the Chevelle's.
Only problem I can see is that the mid length headers I have on the Chevelle won't fit in the truck, so I will have to buy new headers (dammit!... 3rd set. This motor was originally in a 72 Chevy truck)

So... besides fuel and spark... what else am I missing for the swap? Motor mounts will line up......
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote