View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #21
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

I didnt get as much done today as I had planned.
I did reorganize the stuff we are storing in the garage to make some more room, hung some shelves on the wall to help me get or be somewhat orgainzed, and did some serious sweeping up in there, the floor was getting deep in dirt enough to plant a small garden I think...

Then I started my day off with grinding off the pop rivets that were holding the louvered tail gate skin on, and found a ~decent~ shape tail gate under that thing. So off with the TG and getting all the gunk off that was used to glue the skin on lent to stripping then primer of the old boy. Nothing like fresh paint to really bring the flaws to light !!

I may snag another TG on Sunday while I am boneyarding it if I can find one that is better, or that can be used to reskin my top edge. I think if I cut a good ( just less damaged) one, and weld it over my dinged up one, it would help.

Then it was off with the passenger side fender, and the front bumper. I am thinking repro for both sides on these. The pass-side has that hole from the slave jumper, is dented to hell there as well, and has the rustrot in the rear. Just too much for me to salvage I think.

#1 and #2 are the TG both sides after primer tho the #2 is not well done, was getting cold and dark outside when I shot the paint was was a rushed job.

#3 is the fender off
#4 is the front bumper off.

It is insanely dirty all up under there. I should drag the whole hulk the 2 miles to the local car wash and spend a few bucks on some pressure washing...
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote