View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #17
chris989

Re: How do I kill this automatic function?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
Yeah I thought about using that WINADL thing but I don't have a cable.

Is anyone familiar with what its supposed to be doing? As in, when its cold outside, is it supposed to idle higher? I really just don't like the function. I don't ever need this thing to idle higher. And its definitely related to the cold. But I guess you'd have to flash the computer to kill it. I do have a scanner that may be able to read the codes though. I haven't had time to work on the truck lately. But when I do I'll post up the results of the scanner in this thread.

Its got several other much more pressing problems as well that I have to fix first though. Like a starter that doesn't engage the flywheel and a power window that won't go up. When something breaks, I've got to stop saying "Eh I'll fix that later" cause they all add up and cascade on you.
Benny,

The idle would have nothing to do with ambient temperate. Only the engine coolant temp.

here is the cable
http://www.moates.net/cabl1-obd1styl....html?cPath=64

there are others likely cheaper but moates stuff works.

odds are good you do not have a heated o2,, Also
there is a white plastic tab at the base of the steering column that crudely operates a switch that tells the computer is you are in gear or not. It adds IAC steps under certain parameters. This may be the cause of your problem but it is is not as much an issue when the motor is warm because there are other parameters that limit the idle.

There is a myriad of code the work hand in hand. When one is flagged it will cause other problem.

I can promise you the cable will be your smallest expense if you try to guess instead.
chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote