View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #126
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Ya know Bill, If you want to fire up the engine, you don't have to have hardly any wires at all hooked up. Just put the battery in, hook up the starter and the hot lead to the distributor and use a remote starter switch. I'm getting close to that point. It may run for a few minutes through open headers, but I don't see anything wrong with that!

As for today, I volunteered to help with a bingo fundraiser at the park this afternoon, so my day is probably done with the truck. I got the steering column wiring figured out (I think) and soldered up a connector so it will plug into the harness. I got the column installed, no major issues there.

Kind of funny, I get the column in and I'm thinking to myself, "cool, now I got steering" Then realized I don't have the steering wheel on. And besides that, the one I want is not ordered yet. There goes another $100. This one is what I was using, but I don't like it. I'll be selling it as soon as my new one gets here.

I got the pulleys in, they look nice. I decided to just put a new internal regulated alternator in, so that's why it's not in yet. Probably next week. I bought one at the junkyard, it didn't work, go figure. At least it's returnable.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote