View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #134
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Two new things today, one truck related, one not. I'll start with the not.

I got a new bike:

Pretty tame I know, but significant none the less. I'm turning 42 this saturday and this is my gift. You see, this is the first new bike I have had since I was about 3 and got a trike. I still remember it. It was green. Some kids took it and broke off the handlebars. I was devastated. Every bike I have had since then was used. I don't think it really bothered me much except when my cousins came over when I was about 10 or 11 and they both had brand new huffy BMX bikes. Maybe you remember those black ones with the cool short oval shaped seat. Other than that time, I was always satisfied with my rebuilt bikes. All of them except the first 20" bike I did myself. Dad did the first one for me. It was cool. A schwinn with a mag tire and a huge front sprocket. That thing could fly. I mean that literally. I ended up with many scraped knees and digging dirt out of my palms.

Oh those sweet memories. May we never loose them.

I really like this one. Aluminum frame, comfortable seat, dual suspension, 7 speeds, rides smooth. $99 at walmart site to store.

Sorry about that. Anywho, got the new gas tank straps today and installed them. They are heavier than what I had. Both ends have nuts on threaded studs, so adjustable. I made a little step off piece for the driver side, so the strap installs more in line with the passenger side (remember that cross brace has an angle to it). I think it needs more adjustment. I might have to make some spacers to get it up high enough to snug it up to the bed. I have to remember to do the front ones first, because there will be no way to tighten those once the bed is on.

Hmm, just realized you can't see how I did that in the pic. The felt is in the way.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 07-07-2009 at 12:47 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote