View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #140
seldomseen65
spirit rider66

Location: pahrump, nevada, in the bowels of the Mojave desert
Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
I haven't worked on it much lately. Too many other obligations. I did start doing some filling on dents. I bought a set of spray guns. I've been looking into painting it myself. I bought a book and DVD on body work and paint. And I'm talking with a local body guy too.

But I had a set back today. I found a garage heater on craigslist. I'm trying to plan ahead for this winter. Come September everyone will be looking and make it hard to get a deal. Anyway, I went to look at it, a reznor 75,000 btu heater and got it for $220. When I picked it up to load into my car I ruptured my right biceps tendon. It's not even that heavy, maybe 75 pounds and not really a strain to lift. It just let go.

So now I'm in a sling and will probably have surgery next week. The good news is that the recovery time is not too long, about a month one doctor said. Kind of sucks though with the timing. Softball for my kids is coming to an end and I was going to find a little more free time. Now everything is delayed. Work, house repairs, playing with the truck, etc. I guess I'll have time to study my body repair and paint lessons.

hgs; take care of those hurts before you continue with the truck,,it will be around when you get better, your kids will love you for spending time with them,, i have to look forward to knee surgery next month and the truck is almost done, I've had it running but you know there are little things that have to be done before you are satisfied with your work on it .
and are able to drive it with a peace of mind ,, my wife is very adamant about my health right now,, so i'm out numbered by one who cares.
nuff said,, take care .
larry