View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #78
JGross

Re: 1966 chevy truck engine swap to LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966chevy View Post
I also molded some kick panels or would say modified aftermarket panels, where the fresh air vents use to be. Here are some pictures. I removed the speaker pop outs which was at the bottom of the kick (you can kinda see the round portion a little bit) and I moved it up to the vent holes and closed in the top portion of the vent. Sanded it, used plastic filler, sanded it again spray it with primer, then textured paint and then painted it like the dash, flat black sealer. I attached the with a product I purchased at "Rod Doors" to hold door panels on. Worked great.
I close up the vents because I have new aftermarket AC and fresh air would affect the performance of the AC unit. No more fresh air, put the window down or turn the fan on.
Nice build, I just got done putting a 5.3L vortec in by 65. Love the kick panel mods I have the same aftermarket panels with the speakes installed but the drives side speaker makes it hard to work the dimmer. What materail did you use to mod your panels? Thanks.
JGross is offline   Reply With Quote