View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #1308
CentralCoastChevy

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Burbans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiebarker View Post
That is one clean looking Burb CentralCoastChevy! They don't come that clean on the East Coast where I am. I recently bought the 1971 K20 above and it is funny how each person's tastes differ. You are wanting to get away from stock and I am wanting to go back to it! I am envious of those gorgeous stock wheels/tires you have on there and want to get some for mine! I haven't had any luck finding steelies on the east coast though! I have seen people suggesting that 255 85r16 is the ideal "tall skinny" tire/wheel combo because it is 33" tall with a 10" width. Typically that is on 4wd vehicles though so I am not sure about clearance on a 2wd. Here is a post about those tires from another guy with a 71 - http://www.1971chevysuburban.com/197...16-or-25575r17

Welcome to the board! Lots of info on here - and good people!
Thanks Chewiebarker. No salt on the roads out here I am actually the 3rd owner and the prior only owned it for 3 years. As much as I like the stock tire look, the tires look like skateboard wheels on this beast. I will check out the 255 8rR16's for sure! Here's a few more pics- I have the 3rd row seat in the garage.
Attached Images