View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
Old Chevy Lover

Couple Specific Questions on Lowering Components

Hey all. Got a 72 SWB factory disc truck and I want to static drop. I'm thinking of going 4/5 then bolting on 20's. It's just going to be a cruiser, maybe occasional light load from Lowes or something like that.

These days, it looks like CPP modular spindles are the only way to go, because of the extra space they allow for clearance. I'm going to order those (specific 71-72), but wanted to get a few opinions from those of you that have had a couple lowered trucks. First question, are there any spring companies that anyone doesn't like? Or any springs that you really did like over the others? Second, for a 5" rear drop, will a straight adjustable panhard bar work in the back, or will a need one that has the bend in it? What about the shorter shocks? KYB's ok to use or do they wear out to soon? I read somewhere that the ones that come with CPP kit are just so-so.

My plan is to order most everything from Summit if possible because of the free shipping that they offer. But I'm open to any/all opinions and options. Thanks everyone.
13 Camaro SS/RS 6.2/Auto
Old Chevy Lover is offline   Reply With Quote