View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #2511
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Thanks, Chris. I ordered an assortment of the polyolefin adhesive heat shrink tubing today. Also some PTFE wire to connect to the pump leads. Will shrink wrap the connections and position them toward the bottom of the tank where they'll always be covered with fuel... just in case.

I plan to use nylon covered steel braided hose with an additional layer of heat shrink over it to connect the pump to the outlet tube. That should withstand the pressure and resist the degradation from any ethanol. I've been running premium with no ethanol when I can find it, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

On our trip, we logged fuel usage for around 1250 miles before the hose burst and put us on the trailer. Overall we averaged 16.33 mpg. Not as good as I hoped for a computer controlled FI engine. With the 3.73 gear, in overdrive with the converter locked, the RPM was hovering around 2200 at 70. On my silver truck with the 2004R trans, a 3.23 gear and slightly taller tires, the same cruise RPM was around 1750. We've come to the conclusion that CRLS may be an "in town" truck from here on out.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote