View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 11:21 PM   #2513
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Hey there Vic, First off, it was a pleasure meeting you and your better half at the C10 Nationals. You're wife is a very kind person. Its a real bummer that a 2 dollar part failure can cause such a disruption to an otherwise great trip. I think it's safe to say that everyone who has read your thread and has seen the high level of craftsmanship you display, feels terrible that this is what happened to y'all. But I guess such is life and it happens to the best of them.

I will be assembling my fuel system very shortly and probably would have done it the exact same way that you did the first go-round. I am currently working on buttoning up my axle after installing a tru-track and gear change to a 4:11. (from an open diff/3.07 gear) I say these things only to let you know that I'm grateful that you have shown your difficulties to us, and how you overcome them. Now I know how to do it the right way and will hopefully avoid some of the issues that you went through. You also have me rethinking my gear choice, I was told by several others that 2200 rpm at 70 was just right, and I was quite concerned since my DD is 1800 rpm at 70. I hope to make my 72 my next DD, so may I ask, what is your transmissions overdrive gear ratio?

Thanks a bunch man... Brian
Hey Brian, it was great talking with you also. I enjoy that part as much as looking at all the hardware. I'm slowly working thru the bugs we found on the trip and will post photos of fixes as they develop.

I've listed the gear ratios you asked about below. As you can see, the 4L65E trans is very much like the 700-R4. I was running the 200-4R in my '68 which has a bit better OD ratio for the highway.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote