View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #15
Chris_oz

Re: 1970 Longhorn “build” of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
I don't know if this will make your decision any easier, but here's my own 1970 GMC Longhorn festooned with NOS hubcaps.

The caps are hard to find if you want the right ones, and figure $1000+ for a great quality set of GMC (Chevy more common), so most people run the 73-later that look "close enough".

I also did the front disc conversion from a '72 C2500, all stock parts, works great. I then added spacers on the rear to bring the track out a little more than an inch, though there's no reason that's needed (I had to do it to clear the center caps).
I am 100% on keeping the steel wheels and caps, I have the original 1970 chev caps, that pretty nice, been there for 49 years, so they will do the job.

vintiques do 16" wheel in different width that accept the stock cap and will allow me to buy tyres anywhere.

I have found a later C20 disc front end, complete, so I might buy it and use for the swap, armed with the info in the thread listed above, just made it so much easier for me. now I know what to buy.

I will run the risk of the power steer failing, if it dies and she cant drive it, she can call a tow truck (or me) the power steer is just so much nicer for day to day driving to be without.

Seat belts and seat cover is another high on the list, I need to do the belts before registration, so they are No1 for now.

I cant wait until this house is finished.

I also went for a short cruise to a mates house in the same subdivision as I live in, the same street actually, rainy Sunday afternoon seemed like a good idea. I cant wait to get this on the road full time.
Attached Images

Chris_oz is offline   Reply With Quote