View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #18
jocko

Re: 1970 Longhorn “build” of sorts.

Cruisemaster is indeed a dealer install item. Two types were available, "resume" and "non-resume" - the latter being much more common in this era of trucks. Yours appears to be a non-resume type, which makes sense. Resume cc was a later type that we're all probably more familiar with in mid-70s or newer trucks (in fact, I'm not even sure the resume type was available as an option by the end of this era of trucks). Pictured below are the two types of transducers (resume first, then non-resume (i.e. yours)) and the t/s lever for a non-resume type and an overall system diagram. They were produced starting in 68, but not certain the first year offered on GM trucks - clearly available by 1970!

Great note about the CC in the speedo cable box of the build sheet - I honestly don't know if perhaps this got checked if someone special ordered a truck and let the dealer know if they wanted cruise control installed when it showed at the dealer. Might have provided the different speedo cable config to support the dealer install(?) Does your truck's SPID have a 6 digit order # floating around on it somewhere?
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 10-09-2018 at 08:37 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote